January 5, 2010
Happy 2010! I’m pleased to announce that poet, photographer, and friend-of-writers-everywhere Jason Evans is launching us all into the 2010 with the “Silhouette” Short Fiction Contest, his 12th short fiction contest hosted at The Clarity of Night blog.
Why should you participate? Today is the fifth day of 2010, so I’ll give you…
Five Great Reasons to Participate in the “Silhouette” Short Fiction Contest:
1) Fun – Writers are supposed to have fun with their writing, and for those of us still in holiday mode, here’s a great excuse to play! What’s more fun than a creative prompt and a time limit?
2) Community – Writers from all across the blogosphere are drawn to Evans’ contests. This is a great opportunity to add a new writer to your professional network.
3) Challenge – Writers can’t improve unless they challenge themselves! It’s much harder than you might think to create something amazing in under 250 words.
4) Prizes – Writers aren’t the wealthiest bunch, and there are plenty of places trying to get something for nothing from writers. Jason Evans honors us all by rewarding the winners with cash prizes.
5) Audience – Writers might often work independently, but their work can only do so much from the file cabinet. Here is a chance to share your work and receive realtime feedback from hundreds of writers.
The “Silhouette” Short Fiction Contest is open to everyone. The contest opens tomorrow, Wednesday, January 6, 2010. The deadline for submissions is 11:00 PM EST on Wednesday, January 13th. Any genre or form is welcome provided it is inspired by the “Silhouette” photo and demonstrates a narrative movement. Complete rules are available at The Clarity of Night blog.
Read you there!
July 8, 2009
It’s that time again: Jason Evans is joined by co-host and debut author Jaye Wells for the “In Vino Veritas (Truth in Wine)” Short Fiction Contest at The Clarity of Night.
The “In Vino Veritas (Truth in Wine)” Short Fiction Contest launches today, July 8, 2009, in honor of Jaye Wells. A signed copy of Jaye Wells’ debut novel Red-Headed Stepchild is included among the usual prizes of Amazon gift certificates.
The contest will be open for one week. As with past contests, the limit is 250 words. Any genre or form is welcome so long as it is inspired by the “In Vino Veritas (Truth in Wine)” photo. Complete rules are available at The Clarity of Night blog. See you there!
July 14, 2008
Jason and Aine are at it again with this month’s Short Fiction Contest at The Clarity of Night: “Running Wind.”
There’s still time to submit! Entries are welcome until Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 11PM EDT. Run over to read the cache of excellent entries, and to submit your own wild tale.
February 20, 2008
Attention writers! Jason Evans and Aine at Clarity of Night are hosting Whispers, number eight in their series of popular short fiction contests. Participants enjoy a unique opportunity to engage with other writers across the blogosphere. Winners receive generous prizes compliments of our hosts. All participants have the opportunity to gain visibility, receive real-time feedback, and engage in a part of the larger artistic discussion via the language of short fiction.
Visit the Clarity of Night blog for contest information, and be sure to let us know when your work is posted online. I hope to find an hour or two for writing my own entry as well! Bon Chance!
Update: You can read my entry Night Owls, Entry 12 at The Clarity of Night. There are many excellent entries already posted online – I encourage you to take some free time and read! The Whispers Short Fiction Contest is open for entries until 11:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 27, 2008 EST. Again – happy writing and good luck!